Femfam takes your privacy very seriously. You trust us as a place to discuss sensitive subjects, but we also want you to feel that FemFam is a place where your personal data is safe. To this end, protection of your data is important to us.
In the following, personal data is defined as any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Scope of Data Processing
We may collect and use the following personal information about you:
- Your name
- Email address
- Information from accounts you link to us (e.g. Facebook or Google)
- Information about how you use our website
- Your responses to surveys, interviews, competitions and promotions
Some personal information is required to provide our services to you. Not providing the requested information may delay or prevent access to some of our services.
How your personal information is collected
We collect most of this personal information directly by email, via our website or through social media channels. We may collect information:
- When you participate in the forum
- When you search our health corner
- When you provide responses to surveys via email or social media channels
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
How and why we use your personal information
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, e.g.:
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For the performance of a contract;
- Where you have given consent, as is the case when you register to our newsletter or voluntarily share a post in the public forum;
- For our legitimate interests or those of a third party (a legitimate interest is when we have a business reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests); as is the case in the following:
- Statistical analysis to help us manage our activities
- For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to be as efficient to deliver the best service to you
- Marketing our services to: existing followers or third parties, who have previously expressed an interest in our services
We may use your personal data to send you updates by email about our services, including exclusive events, activities or new services.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data for promotional purposes (see above ‘How and why we use your personal information’). This means we do not usually require your consent to send you promotional communications. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never share it with other organisations for marketing purposes.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
- contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails
- deregistering your femfam account
How long your personal information will be kept
We will keep your personal data as long as you are subscribed to our newsletter and/or registered to our platform.
You have the following rights, which you can exercise free of charge:
Access: The right to be provided with a copy of your personal information.
Rectification: The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data.
Right to be forgotten: The right to require us to delete your personal information – in certain situations.
Restriction of processing: The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information – in certain circumstances, eg if you contest the accuracy of the data.
Data portability: The right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party – in certain situations.
To object: The right to object:
- At any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling);
- In certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, eg processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
Not to be subject to automated individual decision-making: The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please contact us at email@example.com.
This privacy notice was published on 26 June 2022 and was last updated on 10 July 2022. We may change this privacy notice from time to time. When we do we will inform you via email.
You can contact us directly at any time with your questions about data protection on firstname.lastname@example.org.