I recently went to the gyn for a check-up and was shocked to learn I am infected with HPV and have CIN II pre-cancer stage. I had no idea HPV can lead to cervical cancer and am so afraid right now. Plus I usually use condoms to avoid STDs and am shocked this is happening to me. I am feeling so stupid and helpless and am just waiting for this HPV to go away. The doctor said I should wait for three months and then come back and check again. It's so frustrating. Can anyone give me any advice on what to do in this waiting period?
A few rules...Be respectful of others and their opinions. Everyone holds a different opinion of things, and though you may not agree on it, do be civil. Harassing and/or attacking others for a differing opinion (or for any reason) will not be tolerated. Femfam is a kind community and we want it to stay safe for everyone.
Other topics about #Cancer
Other topics about #Medical conditions
- Fungal infection and bacterial vaginosis linked to leggings?
- Check-up STDs
- How to avoid HPV other than condom?
- Remove or not remove that cyst?
- Be aware of toxic tampons!!
- STDs cause infertility
- Can I have oral sex with herpes?
- Is vaginal steaming dangerous?
- Experience with bartholinitis cysts?
- How to prevent bladder infections